Saturday, June 18, 2016

YO TE QUIERO CON LIMON Y SAL

Today we met our friends Abraham and Eloy outside the hotel at 8:00. We piled into yet another bus and drove 1.5 hours to see las Salinas de Maras, salt mines that predated the Incas. I was very excited for this stop because salt is one of my favorite foods. I had also heard that there would be free samples which is always a plus. When we got off the bus, we had to hike down to the salt flats. The only way down was through gift shops. Luckily, each gift shop had buckets and buckets of free salted corn nuts, banana chips, and my favorite, chocolate!!

The second expedition of the day was to an ancient agricultural cite called Moray. I had a lot of fun hiking around the upper terraces of the land and feeling the different microclimates that the Incas skillfully created. It was refreshing to leave the city bustle and explore Perú's mountain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment